The Origin of the Biker Ring
Setting the Stage:
- After the Mexican Revolution ended around 1920, the Peso devalued. It became worthless. In order to stimulate the economy, Mexican artisans/blacksmiths began making jewelry from melted Peso coins!
- In those days (30s and 40s) Bikers had a pretty bad rep, much of it based on fact. They fought quite a bit. In those days a biker's weapon of choice was the brass knuckle, which were illegal in most states.
- As bikers ventured acrossd the border, they came upon these big, bad Mexican skull rings.
- Wearing 3 or 4 of these big rings on their fist would made for a formidable weapon.
- Brass knuckles were illegal / Jewelry was not....
- And this is how the Biker Ring became a thing!
Check out our collection of Stainless Steel Biker Rings! For reading this blog post, use code: ORIGIN20 for a 20% discount on any ring! CLICK HERE: https://redrocketbrand.com/collections/rings